5 Simple Ways to Express Gratitude
November holds a special place in my heart. Not only is it my birthday month, but for me, it represents a month of reflection and gratitude. Gratitude for our health and safety. Gratitude for the ability to provide for our families. Gratitude for the ability to hug loved ones. Gratitude for our work colleagues. Gratitude for our learnings. Gratitude for our state of mind.
As we wind down the year, this short blog offers five ways to exercise the power of gratitude:
1. Say “thank you” often, even when a person is doing what is expected of them
2. Praise people who go over and beyond their line of duty
3. Tell people the reason for your appreciation of them using specific examples
4. Back your words with meaningful rewards, and make them personal
5. Provide opportunities for people to showcase their achievements
As you follow these simple tips, pay attention to people’s reactions. We grantee you will see their performance pick up to new horizons!
Last but not least, don't forget to show gratitude to you. Take a moment to thank yourself for your skills, your intuitions and decisions that guided you to where you are right now.